Followers

The Twilight Years Are Here

The Twilight Years Are Here

Monday, October 22, 2012

In These Final Hours




I have felt a presence these last few hours so strongly I have glanced around rooms…
A mere whisper of movement, a tiny breeze that touches my skin to leave a shiver in its wake…
So strongly I have felt it, I called out your name softly so as not to disturb… either of you.

I watch him sleeping and marvel at the sense of peace I feel wash over me…
At the peace I see erasing the lines time and life have chiseled into his face…
I feel comforted to know that you await him with open arms… anxious to be by his side once again.

Like you, I have loved him… and cared for him… I have devoted this part of my life to him…
My arms feel empty at the thought of him preparing to take wing and fly away from me…
My heart overflows as I feel you hovering nearby, eager to begin your next chapter… with him.

I bow my head and pray knowing that the time to depart his life here on earth draws ever nearer…
I am honored to be here with him, with them, privileged to have had them call me daughter…
I am humbled by the love they still share and blessed to have borne witness to its enduring power…

There will be dancing on the clouds of Heaven soon, while a host of angels sing and rejoice…
Before long this precious father-in-law of mine and his beloved bride will finally be reunited…
Never again to be separated by… time… space… life… or death… together for all eternity…
together they will forever soar free.

2 comments:

  1. My heart is breaking for you my friend He was so Blessed to have you for his daughter in law. There is no one who could love any deeper, care any more. I am honored to have you for my "sister" my friend. I love you Shari ..............Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am equally as blessed. I couldn't have asked for a better father than him. It has been a privilege to live with them, to care for them, and to help them find their way home. Soon they will be together again...
      I love you, too, Jean and am so thankful to have you in my life!

      Delete